What is a Regional Missionary?
Regional Missionaries are active Catholic evangelists and mission leaders who serve the St. Paul Evangelization Institute as dedicated volunteers in a number of important areas of ministry. Regional Missionaries often get their start as St. Paul Street Evangelization team members and team leaders. Everyone else gains experience as a street evangelist before and during their formation at our summer intensive.
A Regional Missionary is:
A Leader – Regional Missionaries use their natural talents and God given charisms to serve the apostolate. Regional Missionaries serve as a liaison between our apostolate and their local church. They assist local team leaders in planting, building, and launching their evangelization teams. Some missionaries might become a speaker and teach our workshops, or a teacher and direct a satellite campus of our School of Evangelization. Some of our regional missionaries help us with new programs, either writing or piloting them in their locations (such as our Seeker Small Groups). They are problem solvers, network builders, and have a servant’s heart.
A Coach – Regional Missionaries coach local teams, attending outings with them, sharing best practices in direct and relational evangelization, and provide opportunities for prayer, fellowship, and formation.
An Evangelist – Every regional missionary has a heart for evangelization and understands the urgency of reaching people for Jesus Christ. They know how to plant seeds, proclaim the fullness of the Gospel, and walk with people into a life of discipleship. Simply put, they are disciple making disciples.
How do you become a Regional Missionary?
Complete the application process and attend the Regional Missionary Track at Immersion 2019. Regional Missionaries check in monthly with the Director of Regional Missionaries who help them discern which projects and activities to take part in. Regional Missionaries often dedicated 5-6 hours a month to service, and sometimes up to 1-2 days a week a few times a year when there is a larger event taking place in their area. Regional missionaries are compensated for some of their work as independent contractors. Some regional missionaries go on to become Local Directors of Evangelization Teams, a full time position in our apostolate, or staff members at SPEI.
Who are the Regional Missionaries?
Randy Grasso – Dallas, Texas
- “I have been a litigation attorney for 36 years as well as teaching adult Bible studies and adult theology classes for nearly 30 years. I am also a high performance driving instructor. I am a convert from being an evangelical Episcopalian.”
- Team Leader – Dallas-Uptown Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 214-417-7900
Maisa Haddad – Plymouth, Michigan
- “I have been a Pharmacist for 15 years and I also have a M.A in Systematic Theology. I have been a catechist and part of the evangelization and vocations committee at OLGC. I have also lead bible studies at St. Thomas Chaldean Church and I am bilingual in Arabic.“
- Team Leader – Our Lady of Good Counsel, Plymouth, MI
- Email: Maisahaddad@icloud.com
- Phone: 734-233-7466
Anne Harman – Bloomfield Township, MI
- My husband and I recently celebrated 27 years of marriage; we are blessed with two employed children in their 20’s. Although my formal education is in health and biological science, I currently tutor all grades K – 12, in Latin.And I love it! But my first love is the Lord Jesus and sharing His message of salvation and hope.
- Metro Detroit Awaken Ministries Team Leader & Pontiac Matchen Soup Kitchen Team Leader
- Email: Anneharman106@gmail.com
- Phone: 248-798-0521
David Tucker – Phoenix, AZ
- “I am an active parishioner at St. Timothy’s Catholic Church in Mesa, AZ and am the team leader of the Phoenix – East Valley SPSE team. I recently completed the 2 yr Adult Formation certificate program at the Kino Catechetical Institute in Phoenix. I work as an independent contract engineer in the Missile Defense Industry and have been married for 25+ years and have 3 wonderful children. I love the Lord and love His One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.”
- Team Leader – Phoenix, AZ
- Phone: 602-881-7546
- Email: email@example.com
Bob Wilson – Plymouth, Michigan
- “I work for UPS and can’t wait to retire in 2021 so I can spend more time sharing the great news of Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church. I’m the Regional Director for Metro Detroit for St Paul Street Evangelization. My main job as regional director is to bring evangelization teams to festivals at Catholic parishes in the archdiocese of Detroit. When Catholics start becoming disciples, the world will be converted. Helping make that happen is what drives me.”
- Team Leader – Detroit Festival Team
- Phone: 734-377-4602
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Bernhardt – Rochester, New York
- “I am a recent convert, having entered the Church in 2013 from about 50 years as a Protestant with a very eclectic denominational background. I have been an active participant in our local Rochester SPSE chapter since its inception in March of 2014. I am a Financial Analyst for a major health-care system in our region.”
- Email: Pianist9591@aol.com
- Phone: 585-748-1259
Kimberly Colby – Kailua, Hawaii
- I am an active duty Marine Corps officer and a convert to the Catholic faith. I was confirmed in the Church at Easter Vigil Mass in 2014 at the United States Naval Academy Chapel. My boyfriend at the time, Mark, was my confirmation sponsor…and now he is my loving spouse! In my spare time, I am privileged to serve as a hospice volunteer and Saint Paul Street Evangelization Team Leader on the island of Oahu! I have no greater joy than sharing my love for Christ with others. I desire to pursue graduate studies in theology and business as well as become a mother!
- Email: Kkcolby14@gmail.com
- Phone: 909-835-5001
Dorothea Creaven – Dover, Delaware
- “I completed a Masters as a Publication Specialist and served as a Visual Information Specialist for almost 20 years at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). I traveled within the U.S. and to 29 countries, both work-related and non-work-related. Since 2012, we live in Dover, DE where we are members at Holy Cross Church. I am serving as a catechist and an extraordinary Eucharistic minister including to homebound members. I am working on a second career and teaching certificate in Early Elementary Education. I am actively seeking members for the Dover, DE SPSE Team for evangelization, and as intercessory prayer supporters.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 240-490-0307
Anthony DiMaria – Brighton, MI
- “Father of 3 children, married for 30 plus years to his wife Amber, Tony is a resident of Ann Arbor and works as the Faith Formation Director at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Brighton, Michigan. Tony was raised in River Rouge Michigan and attended Gabriel Richard High School in Riverview. He graduated from Sacred Heart Major Seminary, Detroit in the Spring of 2017 with a Master of Arts degree in Pastoral Studies.”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 248-345-1714
Niña de Jesus – Seattle, WA
- “I am a parishioner of St. Paul Parish in Seattle where I minister in music and help facilitate adult faith formation groups. I am also a Cabrini Ministry graduate trained to accompany others in their journey with Christ, to listen compassionately and to connect them with God through prayer. I am very grateful for every opportunity to proclaim the Gospel to all peoples, and I thank God for a husband who supports me in every way.”
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 206-859-8902
Nancy Duey – Howell, Michigan
- “I am currently the director of religious education at St. Mary Church in Williamston, MI. I served as a youth minister for the past 8 years which was one of the biggest blessings of my life, proof the Lord really knew my heart. I am currently working on a Master’s in Catechesis and the New Evangelization through Franciscan University. Thankful my husband Dan supports my crazy and fun life.”
- Phone: 517-518-1222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon Jones – Olympia, WA
- My name is Brandon Matthew Jones I live in Olympia Wa. I have married to a beautiful woman named Karen Jones for 14 yrs and we have a 6 yrs old named Cyrus, a 15 month old named Levi, and we are due in April with our 3rd child. We moved to Washington from California in 2013. I work at St. Michael Parish as the Steward for Community Outreach and Assistant to the Steward for Evagelization and Missions. I love being Catholic and collecting Scooby Doo items.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 360-972-8133
Denise Hirl – Minnetonka, MN (Twin Cities)
- “My name is Denise Hirl, and I am a high school math and science teacher from the western suburbs of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. My husband and I have 4 adult children. As of December, 2017, he will be ordained as a permanent deacon for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. After returning to the Catholic Church about 10 years ago, I have been blessed to be involved in many aspects of the New Evangelization. It is my fervent desire to help others find the wisdom, beauty and joy of the Catholic faith that has changed my life.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 612-810-9921
Ron Lisk- Spotsylvania, Virginia
- “I tutor middle and high school students in math and SAT prep at a local tutoring center. I am a revert to the Catholic Church after decades with Protestant denominations who encouraged me to study the Bible. I study theology in my spare time, and have a certificate in apologetics from SPSE. I enjoy teaching, evangelizing, sharing the Faith, and motivating others to evangelize. I am active in my Parish in religious education.”
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (540) 845-4129
Kelly Luttinen – Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- “I am a parishioner at St Owen in the same town. I am a wife and mother of four (21, 19, 18 and 15). I am a certified catechist in the Detroit Archdiocese and am currently working as a substitute teacher.”
- Phone: 248-979-8129
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Margy Nagal – Detroit, MI
- Margy Nagel is a lifelong Catholic who loves to share her faith. Margy is the Team Lead for the St. Paul Street Evangelization Team that evangelizes in Eastern Market in the downtown Detroit area. She is on the Board of Directors of the Marian Peace Center of Detroit and is co-founder of the Real Presence Apostolate of Michigan which brought the Vatican International Exhibition of Eucharistic Miracles to Michigan permanently. She had a radio show on Michigan Catholic Radio called Books of Faith and was able to interview many prominent Catholic authors. Margy attends Sacred Heart Major Seminary where she is completing a Masters in Theology degree. Margy is also active in prayer ministry. She is on the Core Team for the Light of the Spirit Prayer group at St. Joan of Arc and also on the service team for the Fellowship of St. Paul at Sacred Heart Major Seminary. Margy is married to John and they were blessed with three children.
- Phone: 586-219-7223
- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Sue Ellen Nolan – Fort Myers, Florida
- “Twenty years ago I came into the Catholic church, on my birthday which was on the Easter Vigil. Three years earlier I had begun looking into what the Catholic Church really taught compared to what I had heard it taught growing up. In investigating the Church and in going to Mass I discovered a love of the Truth and beauty of this Catholic Faith and had to get a degree in it! SPSE gives us the opportunity to be on the front lines and bring the love of Jesus in an encounter with each individual we meet. I am thrilled and humbled to have the opportunity to teach evangelization to others.”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (248) 330-7276
Stefan Swiko – Houston, Texas
- “I am a scientist at Texas A&M Health Science Center and a parishioner of St. Vincent de Paul. I am also active in RCIA and the Catholic Chaplain Corps in addition to SPSE.”
- Team Leader – Houston, Texas
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 978-333-6767 (no texts)
Juan Torres – Santa Clarita Valley, CA
- “I am a part-time Realtor and full time husband and dad. I am also the coordinator for the SCV Santa Clarita Valley in California we are located apx 25 miles north of Down Town Los Angeles, we are in the LA Archdiocese our archbishop is Jose Gomez.”
- Team Leader – Santa Clarita Valley, California
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (818) 574-5006
Socorro Truchan – Kalamazoo, Michigan
- “I work for the Catholic Diocese of Kalamazoo as Associate Director for Parish Life & Lay Leadership, Domestic Church. I’m also a catechist in the Archdiocese of Detroit. I’m bilingual and also speak Spanish and French.”
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 269-903-0199
John Trupiano – Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
- “I am John Trupiano, a semi-retired accountant, a husband of 38 years, a father of 4 children and a grandfather to 5 with one on the way as of today. My family and I have been greatly blessed and I am looking forward to sharing my love for Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary.”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 313-300-2298