Following the success of the first annual Immersion Evangelization Training in June of 2019, St. Paul Evangelization Institute announces the dates for the 2020 training! This second annual summer workshop where evangelists from all over the country gather for prayer, worship, and street evangelization training, will take place on June 25-27, 2020.
What is Immersion?
It is a dynamic and hands-on experience (many hours of street evangelization), designed from the ground up to help train, equip, and mobilize Catholics as disciple-makers who proclaim Jesus Christ in the world. The SPSE event includes prayer, a variety of direct evangelization experiences, dynamic talks, specialized breakouts, worship, and fellowship. We will gather as a community for Mass each day to be spiritually equipped for the encounters the Lord has for each of us. Attendees will have a chance to learn from the other active evangelists as we share best practices and the stories of our daily encounters. Everyone will have the opportunity to receive ministry and to minister to others.
When is Immersion 2020?
June 25 – 27, 2020
4:30 PM – Mass
6:00 PM – Keynote with Peter Herbeck
7:00 PM – Social
8:30 AM – Mass
10:00 AM – Breakouts
– Evangelization Basics (Adam Janke)
– Evangelizing Nones (Dr. Deb McManimon)
– Discipleship: Jesus’ Method of Evangelization (Brian Lee)
11:00 AM – Breakouts
– The Kerygma (Bob Wilson)
– Loving People Enough to Tell them the Truth: Human Sexuality and Identity (David & Noelle McHugh)
– Prayer and Evangelization (Beth Schuele)
12:00 PM – Ministry Prep
12:30 PM – Lunch on your own
2:00 PM – Evangelization
4:00 PM – Dinner on your own
6:00 PM – Keynote
7:00 PM – Prayer Ministry
8:30 AM – Rosary
9:00 AM – Mass
10:00 AM – Evangelization
12:00 PM – Lunch on your own
2:00 PM – Breakouts
– Power of Testimony (Dr. Deb McManimon)
– Evangelizing Muslims (David McHugh)
– Family & Evangelization: Passing on the Faith in the Home (Noelle McHugh)
3:00 PM – Breakouts
– Praying Out Loud (Adam Janke)
– Evangelizing Atheists (Bob Wilson)
– Work and Evangelization: How to share the Gospel in Your Career (Tom Graves)
4:00 PM – Break
5:30 PM – Vigil Mass
6:30 PM – Dinner (Provided)
7:00 PM – Light the Fire
9:00 PM – Final Reflection
Sacred Heart Major Seminary
Bishop Gallagher Room
2701 Chicago Boulevard
Detroit, Michigan 48206
- $109.99 (for pre-Easter registration)
- $119.99 (for post-Easter registration)
- $139.99 (at the door)
Your registration covers the cost of the entire conference, evangelization outings, materials, t-shirt, a mixer event on Thursday, a sack lunch on Friday, and simple dinner on Saturday. It does not include the cost of transportation to and from evangelization outings, accommodations, or any meals other than the Friday sack lunch and Saturday’s simple dinner.
For out of town attendees, a list of hotels and lodging options can be found by clicking here.