One School, Two Options
Option 1: Online
- Register and start classes today.
- Online community of evangelists.
- Professional video series with expert evangelists like Dr. Mary Healy, Peter Herbeck, Steve Ray and more.
- Hundreds of additional evangeliation resources, including evangelization team training, seeker small groups program, 800 books, audio downloads, and more.
- Highly discounted evangelization store resources.
Option 2: On Location
- 1 and 2 year programs.
- Automatic membership to the online school.
- Weekly meetings and regular opportunities for growth.
- In person classes allow for in depth training, small groups, prayer ministry, class discussion, demonstration, and evangelization projects.
- Coming to new locations in Fall 2020.
Onsite School of Evangelization
Enrollment for Fall 2020 Classes Opens March 1, 2020.
The Mission is Urgent.
The Moment is Now.
Responding to the Great Commission of Jesus to go out into the whole world and make disciples, the St. Paul Evangelization Institute is excited to announce that we are expanding the St. Paul School of Evangelization!
Every baptized Catholic has received a call to be a part of the New Evangelization. However, as Archbishop Allen Vigneron of Detroit pointed out in his pastoral letter Unleash the Gospel, “Since evangelizing does not come naturally for most people, being effective evangelizers also usually requires the development of some practical skills.”
Our weekly School of Evangelization is designed to help ordinary Catholics become extraordinary evangelists in their own communities. Our new on location school meets once a week in the evening and includes time for teaching, discussion, small groups, activities, prayer, and worship. It also includes outings where we will evangelize together in different settings, and a final year-end project.
At the school we will:
- Serve the parish where the school is located in order to assist the pastor in carrying out his vision for evangelization.
- Equip and empower ordinary Catholics to live out their extraordinary call as missionary disciples.
- Use the best methods, insights, and strategies of effective evangelization.
- Teach students how to authentically proclaim the Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ.
- Help students discern charisms which the Lord performs through us as signs of the Kingdom of God.
- Foster student growth through a specialized ministry team that accompanies each participant every step of the way.
- Lead students to apply knowledge and gain confidence through small group learning, real world experience, and best practices!
Learn More About the School
Who We Are and What We Do
The St. Paul Evangelization Institute is home to several Catholic apostolates, including St. Paul Street Evangelization, the Society of Evangelists, and the St. Paul School of Evangelization. Our online school features a variety of video lessons led by Catholic teachers such as Dr. Mary Healy, Peter Herbeck, and Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers. It also includes dozens of downloadable resources for evangelization teams. Our street ministry is comprised of hundreds of teams of lay people who evangelize in the public square, building a bridge of trust to the local parish using prayer stations, door-to-door ministry, festival evangelization, and other methods.
Using a “hands-on approach,” our on location school helps Catholics learn more about their faith and how to share it with others in a joyful, non-confrontational manner. Our method of teaching looks to the leadership model of Jesus. Jesus invited ordinary people into a close relationship with Him, to walk with Him, and to learn to model Him in holiness. Together the Lord’s students engaged in discussions, grew in prayer, studied the Scriptures, received supernatural gifts, were filled with the Holy Spirit, and were sent out into the whole world to make disciples. They proclaimed the Gospel with boldness through words of wisdom, with the testimony of their lives, and with great signs and wonders. All who repented and believed in the Gospel they invited into the Body of Christ, the Church. Those ordinary disciples changed the world.
This is more than history, this is our story. Ordinary disciples can change the world again. “Evangelizing is in fact the grace and vocation proper to the Church, her deepest identity. She exists in order to evangelize” (Pope St. Paul VI). As baptized Christians, we share in the identity and mission of the first disciples. The Church is calling us to the work of making disciples by becoming more like them.
We welcome you to the St. Paul School of Evangelization! We want to train, equip and mobilize you to live out your vocation. It is our firm belief that our God uses ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things for the kingdom of God in the world. Together, we can faithfully and effectively witness to the love of God revealed in His Son, Jesus Christ.
About the School Curriculum
Year One – School of Evangelization
Year one emphasizes direct evangelization strategies, relational ministry, and personal growth as an evangelist. Our method of teaching is to learn together through small groups, mentorship, class discussion, and group evangelization outings. This cooperative approach helps each student to grow confident evangelizing in various circumstances (family, friends, strangers, in public, and in ministry). There is an evangelization field trip at the end of each quarter and the year culminates in a four-week offsite evangelization project. Each student completes a goals and growth worksheet, and a mentor works with each student on those goals throughout the year.
Year one is broken down into four quarters:
- Quarter 1 – Basic Evangelization Training
- Quarter 2 – Practical Evangelization Training (Evangelical Apologetics & Prayer Ministry)
- Quarter 3 – The Proclamation of the Gospel
- Quarter 4 – Virtuous Leadership & Team Project Quarter
Certification: Upon successful completion of all classes and assignments, students receive their Certificate in Evangelization, approved by the institute’s Board of Directors.
Year Two – Leadership in Evangelization
Year two emphasizes growth as a leader in the new evangelization. Recognizing each student’s unique abilities and God-given charisms, we will mentor students to become “spiritual multipliers” who are able to rise up and mentor other disciples. The goal is for each student to discover how they are uniquely called to serve and transform their local church by building an authentic culture of evangelization. Year two cultimates in a student-led evangelization project. The four quarters of Year Two are:
- Quarter 1 – Spiritual Life Training
- Quarter 2 – Disciple Making
- Quarter 3 – Spiritual Multiplication
- Quarter 4 – Leadership Project
Certification: Upon successful completion of all classes and assignments, students receive their Leadership in Evangelization Certificate.
Students will receive homework each week, including Bible reading, study questions which will be used for in class small groups, a prayer focus, and individual evangelization assignments. Homework should take most students around one hour per week.
Areas of Emphasis
- A priority on each student’s response to the kerygma and growth in holiness through prayer, worship, and the full sacramental life of the Church.
- Dynamic lessons, discussion groups, and small class sizes that honor each person’s gifts, talents, and contributions to the Body of Christ.
- A faithful study of theology and scripture which is spirituality directed to a deepened understanding of foundational principles, methods, and strategies for the New Evangelization.
- Expert instructors and guest speakers who participate in various evangelization initiatives and invite students to join them to gain real-world experience as evangelists.
- A ministry team that accompanies students on their spiritual journey, builds up their confidence with the course material, and helps them flourish in their unique callings.
- A learning curriculum informed by 5+ years of grassroots level ministry experience in forming effective, on-fire evangelists around the world.
- Inspiring stories from over 300 active chapters of street evangelists
Fall 2019 Class Details
Registration is closed.
Holy Family Catholic Church
24505 Meadowbrook Road
Novi, MI 48375
Class times are 6:30 – 8:30 PM every Tuesday night. Given the nature of mentorship, ministry, and prayer, there may be times when we go past 8:30 PM. Students are always welcome to leave as they need to in order to return to their homes and families.
6:15 – 6:45 PM – Worship
6:45 – 6:50 PM – Opening Remarks
6:50 – 7:20 PM – Small Groups
7:20 – 8:00 PM – Teaching
8:00 – 8:30PM/Close – Discussions, Activities, Ministry, or Group Work
The school costs $200 per quarter.
No student is turned away because of an inability to pay. Students will receive a tuition statement at the start of each quarter and are asked to pray and give generously to the work of our apostolate. If a student gives less than the requested amount, they can continue to take classes.
We understand that other schools or online platforms may cost less money or even be free.
We are asking Catholic disciples to see the value of the school and sow into our apostolate with their treasure. We hire highly qualified staff, musicians, and faculty who pour their hearts into preparing the school and each lesson through prayer and sacrifice.
The cost ($25 per class) includes all of your materials for class and for evangelization opportunities. It also includes full partner access to all of the resources in our online School of Evangelization at no additional cost and discounted prices on future events and resources.
“Prepare your generous gift beforehand, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a grudging obligation.” 2 Corinthians 9:5
Take the Next Step
Please note that applications are closed for this year. They will be made available again before Fall 2020.